For the past 12 years I have been blessed to be a part of the Padres broadcast coverage. However, as you may have heard yesterday in a press release from the organization, as this season ends so possibly will the string of summers that we’ve shared together.
Whether it’s been the pre and post game shows on television and radio, or the in-game broadcasts as I’ve done in recent years, it has always been a humble and joyful honor to be invited into your living rooms, cars, work places, headphones, and everywhere else we watch or listen to Padres baseball together.
It’s been an incredible journey sharing with you all the highs and lows that each season has to offer, as well as those that this organization and you, its fan base, have endured. From day one I have tried to share my passion for the game in an honest, informative, and fun way. While I would never expect everyone to like my style, I do at least hope that my passion for the game, and respect for all of you as fans came through the airwaves each night.
I look forward to my next adventure and staying involved with Major League Baseball, hopefully here in San Diego so that we can continue our shared quest to bring an MLB championship trophy to our community.
Whether this is simply a so long until next spring, or a longer good bye until our paths cross again I would like to extend some sincere Thank-You’s…
- To the Padres organization for having given me this opportunity, and for their support up to this point in my efforts to be positive yet honest in my broadcasting.
- To all of my broadcast partners and producers over the years, especially most recently the inimitable “Uncle Teddy” Ted Leitner and the esteemed Dave Marcus. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making everyday at the ballpark and in the booth a fun adventure as we created some of the best broadcasts in MLB.
- To the players my utmost respect for bringing it on the field each and every night, and appreciation for your cooperation with the pesky daily interviews.
- To the coaches and baseball operations department, very few will ever fully understand nor appreciate what you give of yourselves to try to bring championship baseball to San Diego. Thank you for your sacrifices, and don’t give up the good fight.
- To all the hard working behind the scenes employees of the organization and stadium operations who bust their tails everyday to bring Padres baseball to life in our community my sincerest thank you for all of your unsung efforts!
- To my family thank you for all of your support in allowing this big kid to continue to pursue his dream of being a part of the game he loves.
- To the fans of San Diego thank you for your support, for holding my feet to the fire, for teaching me as much if not more than what I hope to have shared with you, and for loving the game of baseball. If it weren’t for you MLB in San Diego would not exist. No one deserves a championship more than you!
Since yesterday’s announcement the outpouring of support you’ve shown through your Tweets, emails, texts, Facebook posts, and hand shakes and hugs at the ball park have been overwhelming. I can’t begin tell you how appreciative and humbled I am for your kindness. Although I am unable to reply to all of your messages and comments individually please know that each and every one is deeply appreciated. Thank you!!!
Until next time my friends…keep the faith!
With sincerest respect and appreciation,
Sonia HamiltonDecember 30, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Rickie S.October 24, 2015 at 12:11 am
Loren PrestonOctober 9, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Andrew HoffmanOctober 6, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Terry CottOctober 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm
ErikOctober 2, 2015 at 10:24 pm
EricOctober 2, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Rich GordonOctober 2, 2015 at 12:54 pm
TimOctober 2, 2015 at 11:31 am
Kraig HavilandOctober 2, 2015 at 12:09 am
Jeremy KormOctober 2, 2015 at 12:03 am
Bob ScanlanOctober 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Georgi GordonOctober 1, 2015 at 7:52 pm
Phil FeinbergOctober 1, 2015 at 6:28 pm
SueOctober 1, 2015 at 5:49 pm
DeeOctober 1, 2015 at 4:33 pm
RostuOctober 1, 2015 at 3:24 pm
BruceOctober 1, 2015 at 1:33 pm
BobOctober 1, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Bob ScanlanOctober 1, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Allison RossettOctober 1, 2015 at 12:37 pm
DavidOctober 1, 2015 at 11:52 am
Greg PhillipsOctober 1, 2015 at 12:04 pm